Five hundred years before Jesus Christ's birth, in Medina del Campo' Hillock there was a human settlement that shepherded cattle and cultivated land. Medina del Campo's international recognition came between 1421 and 1606 A.D. with its General Trade Fairs: the most urban strech turned itself into a endless market, a comercial and financial babel where almost everything was bought and sold.
Since XIX century Medina del Campo is, after the capital, the most populated, influential and dynamic township in the province of Valladolid. From 1870 on, it celebrates the National Cattle Market which led to the Medina's Comercial Sunday: every single Sunday, mornings are working time. Hundreds of visitors take advantage of this singularity and go through the exhibitions of the furniture and household industry that has made of Medina del Campo the Furniture Town.
Furthermore, its artistic heritage's huge value and constant activities, make of modern Medina del Campo an essential point of reference in Castile and León's cultural landscape.
The old town was declared an historic artistic complex in 1978.